Sunday, February 26, 2006

Team Scotland Knits

Team Scotland Knits

I did it! I just finished my socks. My husband can't believe it--I started the 2nd one on Wednesday. With almost no time to knit, I feel quite the Olympian. :-) As well as looking after almost 11 month old twins and all the laundry and bottle steaming that that entails, I had a death in the family and planned a funeral, too. :-( (I am about the only surviving member of one side my original family (stateside) who is under 97 and sane.) While the Knitting Olympics added some stress, it also helped me deal with all of the other stuff. However, I'm thankful that I chose one of the easier patterns in the new Charlene Schurch book--I would have never finished the one that I liked best...I'm off to bednow--usually there by 10:30 at the latest since the birth of the babies, I was up until almost 1 a.m. last night, decreasing gussets! I feel like duplicate stitching 5 golden rings on the socks...

Best wishes to all of you for finishing in time--I have loved reading about your projects, especially those Sanquahar (sp?) gloves--perhaps I'll knit those for the next Olympics, but probably not until I send the wee bairns off to college!

Cheers to All!

Sheila in Boston
P.S. I think that I will send the socks to my cousin in Scotland!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

P.P.S. I REALLY shocked my husband when I got up one morning before dawn to knit! There's nothing like knitting fever and an obsession to win gold--or in this case, the pressure not to disgrace Scotland!

Sheila

4:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home