Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Just signed up!

There I was minding my own business surfing the net and admiring all of the participants in the Knitting Olympics and feeling very jealous at the huge interest in Team Wales when I discovered Team Scotland! An overwhelming sense of national pride and the only opportunity that I'll ever have to represent my own country lead me to be HERE!
But then the dilemma - what will I knit? Being a fairly new knitter (only a year since I took up my pointy sticks again) and having only just started sock knitting (my first one is finished and second is on its way - slowly) I decided for some strange reason that I would be able to knit two socks on one circular needle, despite the fact that I've never done this before, plus that I would also attempt to use Grumperina's lovely Jaywalker sock pattern from September's edition of MagKnits. Am I mad - yes, but then when I see the elaborate fairisle jumpers proposed by others I just thought that I had to try something challenging - even if I don't get it finished on time.

So now I'm in the preparation stage. My 100g ball of Opal 4ply in Zebra colourway is split into two 50g balls and I've got my brand new bamboo 2.5mm circular needle at the ready to cast on...........

1 Comments:

Anonymous CatBookMom said...

Hi! I'm blogless, but an avid reader, as well as a Campbell by birth and a Buchanan by marriage, living in the LA area. I was just surfing around the Teams, and noted that you and I have chosen the same project, the lovely Jaywalker socks. I hope you and I are both successful with our challenge!

3:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home